Beginnings

Welcome friends! I have started this entry in the global technosphere because I have been in love with books since the age of 2. Among the busy business of being a new teacher, this is my outlet for sharing thoughts on a love of reading a wide variety of books. My inspiration can be summed up with a yearbook quote from a teacher written when I was 8: "To the only girl at recess I see reading a book. Good for you!"
My blog title is quoted from a classmate who asked me this once. Believe it or not, I've also heard it as a teacher :D

Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


A weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

Read This Week:  (1)
The Eyre Affair- Jasper Fforde
Wow, this was one awesome ride!  So unique.  Can't wait to review it...but it'll be backlogged.

Currently Reading:  (3)
The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas
After loving the abridged edition (not knowing it was abridged until finishing it!), I'm reading the full version.

Coraline- Neil Gaiman
I took this to work as the above book is too heavy to lug around.  Intriguing so far.  Liked the movie.

My Life- Bill Clinton


Reviews This Week:
None :(

Next to Read:
I'm probably covered for the next week, probably two.  I need to catch up on my reviews...


Have a great week of reading...and everything else, of course :)


6 comments:

  1. Wow, now I want to get to The Eyre Affair even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband read The Count of Monte Cristo a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

    I haven't either read or seen Coraline yet, though I like Gaiman.

    No reviews for me last week, either - some weeks are just too busy!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these but have heard of them. I look forward to your review of The Eyre Affair.

    Hope you will pop by my IMM:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the Fforde series. I've heard so many good things. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week for you, I am struggling with my reads this year, slowly getting in a slump :-(

    ReplyDelete